Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Want Wednesday. Short and Sweet.

Today is Wednesday! That means I will show you something you want/need for crafting.
I've gone a bit emo on this post, how you say? I chose X-Acto blades. A whole set o f them. They come in handy for everything! Painting, gluing, cutting obviously, scraping, and a ton more.

These use to be my dad's. I kinda took them and use them more than he, so they are mine now.


















This set is for sale at Walmart for just 20 bucks. Not that bad when you realize the convenience it affords you. These things are super duper sharp though. Be careful when using them. Always have a stack of band-aids next to you.

I think I may have built up a tolerance to pokes in the fingers though, cause I've done that a lot and just don't seem to bleed any. Even though you can see where i was poked and pull the skin apart. Gross.

I use these in painting how? I have been taping paintings a lot lately and these blades not only cut the tape with precision they remove it as well. For those I use the pointy edged blades.

The flat edged blades I've used most with scraping labels off bottles, or dried hot glue off of a crafting fail.

In general, all of these blades are fantastic. Just if you plan on being emo, don't use them. Go eat some cake and be happy. Cake is awesome.

See. The cake is not a lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment