Monday, September 24, 2012

Computer crash! iPad to the rescue!

Hello all! So my computer is currently rebooting and going through issues. I tried to download the new Warcraft expansion patch and it decided to flip out. So I apologize, I'm not able to post about another bottle how to since all the pictures are on my computer.

No worries though! I did happen to paint this weekend and I took pictures on this thing. So, I think I will go with the splatter paint chevron. It was easy, fun, and messy. Here we go!

Supplies needed:

  • Canvas
  • Paint (lots of colors)
  • Paper plate/something to mix paint and water on
  • Cup-o-water
  • Drop cloth
  • Painters tape
  • Paint Brushes


Prepping the work area:
Cordon off the area with the drop cloth. Believe me, you need to do this. Cover everything! Especially your tv...

Step 1:
Get your canvas out, get your tape, and tape off chevron stripes. I didn't measure or worry about them being perfect, I think it gives it character.

Step 2:
Pick out your paint colors, put a dab of it on your plate and mix it with water. Only a smidge of water though, enough to make it fling off your paintbrush really easy and not be gloopy. Start flinging colors at the canvas. Occasionally dab the paintbrush on the canvas for effect. Once you have the colors you want to the desired effect, you are onto step 3!

Step 3:
Rip all the tape!! But be careful, dont actually rip it. Carefully peel all the tape off. You don't have to wait for it to dry, just make sure your paint isn't dripping when doing this.

Tadaa! You have a pretty new painted canvas. See, super easy! I promise to edit this tomorrow on network computer and make it suitable! Also, I will totally fix my computer and continue with the bottle up-cycling!

Please comment if you have
Any questions, complaints... Actually don't post complaints. I'll just delete them. Craft hard guys! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment