Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick Craft - Glitter Bottles

Hello fellow crafters! I finally have a smidge of time to post another blog. Woop Woop! Its not going to be a big one, but its glittery, so its awesome. Btw, update on the Pumpkin Festival; I've got everything I wanna sell made. YAY! But now I need to make a few things to display them on, booo. Oh well, more crafting!

Here is another quick craft, super easy, and very glittery!

Supplies needed:

Tips:
  1. Make sure your bottles are clean and dry.
  2. When using glitter, use the fine (tiny particles) glitter


Step One:
Stick the funnel into the bottle and slowly pour the pledge into the bottle. Try to not let it foam, the foam prevents the glitter from sticking. Only fill the bottle about 1/8 full, then twirl the bottle around, don't shake, and coat all of the inside of the bottle. Then pour the remains back into the pledge bottle.

Step Two:
Pick your glitter color, and pour a good amount into the bottle. Don't use the funnel, it'll only stick to the sides. Put your palm over the opening of the bottle and shake it all around. This should allow the glitter to coat all of the bottle, if not just pour more glitter in. The pour the leftover glitter onto the paper plate.

Let it sit for about an hour, then Viola! You have a pretty glittered bottle!

See, easy peasy.

Here are some examples:







If you have any questions about this just leave me a comment, and I will get back with you pretty fast!
Bye bye!

2 comments:

  1. Does The Glitter Slide Off Or Stay On Pretty Good? Reason I'm Asking Is I Did It With Acrylic And After 3 Days It All Completely Slide Off The Bottle..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have had some of these bottles for 6 years now. None of them have changed, the glitter hasn't slide or moved at all. I"m actually amazed at it. If you're having some trouble shoot me an email and i can try and help ya out. :) rcutburth@gmail.com

      Delete